[Xastir] Maps

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Mar 16 13:11:27 EST 2004

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, James Jolin wrote:

> I been trying to see what is "broken" and  I haven't found anything.  I
> have suse 9 and I do updates every time the tray icon says so.  My
> ImageMagick is current according to the their webstie.  Libjpeg is
> present.  Libgif has been replaced by libungif.  Got any other ideas?

If Xastir said that it was compiling in support for ImageMagick when
you ran ./configure, and you're not getting any errors in the xterm
you started Xastir from when you try to use the online map images,
then it's most likely the URL change that happened recently with
terraserver.

You can also run "strings <filename> on the gif image that looks
weird, to see if it is really a text or html file containing an
error from the remote server.

Have you tried local maps?  There are a lot of map types you can
use, including UI-View maps (which will also test ImageMagick),
aprsDOS maps, winAPRS maps, pocketAPRS maps, and lots of others.
Internet maps aren't the only option...