[Xastir] Linux turn by turn Navigation/Mapping Software?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Mar 18 13:52:15 EST 2004

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> I have no time/interest in this right now, but others are more than
> welcome to take a stab at it.  It's do-able, but it'll be a bit of
> work.  I'll help where I can if someone wants to take this on.

Actually I should have said I have _little_ interest in this, not
zero interest.

I've had the need to look up an address or a GNIS point then figure
out how to navigate to it, in a hurry on the way to a search/rescue
mission.  I could benefit from this stuff too, but I wouldn't use it
often.  When I did, it would need to be fast/efficient, particularly
because the class of computers I tend to use aren't all that fast.