[Xastir] wish list

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Mar 18 17:10:48 EST 2004

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Massimo Corinaldesi wrote:

> Two requests for next releases:
> - have the config, maps,..., into the home directory instead of into
> /usr/local/share. This will be helpfull when upgrading the operating system
> and recompiling Xastir;

That doesn't work out well when you have multiple users on the same
system.  They each have to have their own copies of maps that way.

What you can do though:  Make a subdirectory in the user's area for
holding maps, and create a symlink from /usr/local/share/xastir/maps
back to that new subdirectory.

> - add the possibility to assign a "name" to each interface.

That's already in there.  In the lastest CVS.  It's called the
"comment" field, and it shows up in Start/Stop and Properties
dialogs for the interfaces.