[Xastir] Install 131

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Thu Mar 18 22:22:10 EST 2004

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, N9JCA wrote:

> What do I need to type to start file setup for Xastir 131?  When I put 121 on
> here I wrote  cp xastir121-2003-dec-15.tgz /usr/src and it worked fine.  When
> I do this for 131 it doesn't seem to work cp xastir131-2004-mar-15.tgz /usr/
> src   'No such file ' comes up. Can someone please point me in the right
> direction  Thanks

Did you download the file to your disk?  You need to figure out
where your browser put it, then you should be able to "mv" the file
to /usr/src (if that's where you want to build it).

You can then type:

    cd /usr/src
    tar xzvf xastir131-2004-mar-15.tgz

And it should create subdirectory to hold the sources.  It sounds
like you might have been starting from the wrong directory for the
"cp" command.  Figure out where your browser put it first.

I normally put stuff into the  "~/src/xastir" directory instead of
/usr/src.  Nearly any place will work though, as you're just
building there, not installing to there/running from there.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer