[Xastir] split_gnis script

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Mar 19 17:38:55 EST 2004

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, Jack Twilley wrote:

> I would suggest a variant of the second idea -- modify the printf()
> statement that reads in the file to discard any spaces after the last
> field in the line.

Sure, reading in the file we should trim extra spaces.  That still
doesn't fix the problem with files taking up 2* or 3* the amount of
disk space they should, and still causes slowdowns as we're reading
in the file (I think that's still true).

I would suggest caching "fixed" versions of the files and using
those instead, but that would create a whole lot of code for little
benefit.  Better to fix them at the source.

Perhaps while you're talking to them about the other problems you
could mention to them that the files are 2 or 3 times the proper
size because of the extra spaces?