[Xastir] Cygwin

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Mar 22 12:27:12 EST 2004

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, ha2vr wrote:

> make clean starts configuring. Now configure sript seemes to me stopping
> at checking for devices (after checking for gawk... (cached) gawk.
>
> Any idea?

Yea, other people have reported that particular problem, I think on
XP, but perhaps on Win2000 as well.  Here's a hack that should get
you past it:

At the start of "acinclude.m4", there's the function definition for
"XASTIR_DETECT_DEVICES".  Tweak that part of the code to read like
this:

  # test for devices
  AC_DEFUN([XASTIR_DETECT_DEVICES],
  [
  AC_MSG_CHECKING([for devices])
  ac_tnc_port=com1
  ac_gps_port=com2
  AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED([TNC_PORT], "$ac_tnc_port", [Default TNC port.])
  AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED([GPS_PORT], "$ac_gps_port", [Default GPS port.])
  AC_MSG_RESULT(found $ac_tnc_port and $ac_gps_port)
  ])

This will force it to skip detection and use com1 and com2 as the
defaults.  Start at the "./bootstrap.sh" step again after making
this change.

Jack/Chuck:  Is there an easy way to allow people to get past this
without hacking the code?  There've been at least two other Windows
users that have had this problem, where it hangs on the port
detection.