[Xastir] Free map access (was: Compression algorithm problem with DRGs)

Jeff Barlow Jeff at WB6CSV.net
Mon Mar 29 15:49:41 EST 2004

Brian D Heaton <brian.heaton at janusresearch.com>  wrote:

>A better idea would be to do something with bittorrents or using the
>Konspire2 framework.

I don't know much about these beyond the general concept. From what
little I do know, this does sound like a reasonable way to spread the
load, and avoid dependance on any one server.

I wonder, though, if there aren't issues with firewalls and it being
generally harder to set up. Things that are too tricky to get working
will tend to discourage volunteers.

Am I the only one here who's rather clueless about these things? Perhaps
you could educate us.

Jeff Barlow
WB6CSV