[Xastir] Error Compiling

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Mar 29 16:22:27 EST 2004

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Wayne Hernandez wrote:

> I could not get ImageMagick to work with Xastir. ./configure keep telling me
> I was missing libs.  I installed ImageMagick-5.5.7-17 from the source
> yesterday
> and Xastir worked.  I am running Fedora.

It is very common for either the ImageMagick RPM to not have all of
the library dependencies listed in it, or the Magick-config script
to have the same problem.

It's not directly an Xastir problem, it is either an ImageMagick
project problem (second case above) or a Linux distribution RPM
problem (first case above).

By looking at Xastir's config.log file after having ./configure fail
on you, eventually you can figure out which libraries ImageMagick is
needing in order to successfully compile it into other programs.

It's a pain though.  Maybe someday everybody will get it right, and
we can just _use_ the darn library!