[Xastir] uivew maps

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Mar 31 13:54:20 EST 2004

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, James Jolin wrote:

> I hate to ask, but I don't know how to run the above script.  Scripts
> are something I haven't gotten into yet.

You typically on Unix/Linux don't have the current directory in your
path (and it's a bad idea to add it), so you need to type the path
and then the name of the script.

In this case, the path is '.' if you're in the same directory as the
script, so you type:

    ./inf2geo.pl

To have it work on a file, you type:

    ./inf2geo.pl filename

It will create "filename.geo" if everything goes well.  You'll need
to make sure that the GIF or JPG file has the correct case as called
out in the .INF file as well.  Windows ignores case, but it's
important in Unix/Linux.  You also need a working copy of
ImageMagick on your system for this to work.