[Xastir] D700A + GPS + Xastir

David Flood davidf4 at mindspring.com
Sun May 9 08:06:01 EDT 2004

With a D700 you have to use Serial TNC with GPS on AUX Port when setting up
the port.

Please note however that if you are going to be disconnecting the computer
often and just using the built-in APRS on the d700 that you may see the
radio locking up at "opening tnc"..this is s known issue with the d700 and
I'm working on a new tnc-stop file to try to fix it.  If you get stuck you
can either do a VFO reset (will have to reprogram all the aprs settings
again) or there's some terminal commands that can be sent to try to unlock
it.  I've included a message below from the d700 sig that explains what is
going on and what the terminal commands are to fix it without a vfo reset.

Dave
KD7MYC