[Xastir] SDTS file errors

Tom Russo russo at bogoflux.losalamos.nm.us
Tue May 11 15:40:24 EDT 2004

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 02:18:58PM -0500, a Mr. Richard Feyler of Fort Lee, New Jersey <jdw at eng.uah.edu> writes 'Dear Rosanne Rosannadanna':
> I've got the latest xastir (via CVS) configured with gdal 1.2.0, proj,
> etc (everything except gpsman, ax.25 and festival) and am trying to
> display SDTS files.  For every map file, I get an error like this:
>
> SDTS: /usr/local/share/xastir/maps/hsv/hypsography/HP01CATD.DDF
>   Found projected coordinates: NAD83.  Converting to geographic/wgs84
> datum
> ERROR 6: Unable to load PROJ.4 library (libproj.so), creation of
> OGRCoordinateTransformation failed.
> Couldn't create transformation object
>
> Any ideas?

Did you build and install proj.4 before configuring and building gdal?
Did GDAL actually report that it saw proj.4 when you configured/built it?
Does libproj.so exist as a symlink to libproj.so.4?

It sounds an awful lot like there was a problem in shared library accesses,
and those are the reasons I can think of for that.  I believe most linuxen
have an "ld.so.conf" or something like that that has to include all the
directories where shared libraries live.  Is your libproj.so library in
one of those directories?

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
 "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?"