[Xastir] (no subject)

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed May 12 11:31:57 EDT 2004

On Tue, 11 May 2004, TATE BELDEN wrote:

> These aren't 'map' files per se, but the ASCII text, geo files to pull the
> online NWS weather doppler weather imagry direct from the various offices. The
> USRadar.geo file included with the CVS of xastir is working - has that
> relpaced these individual geo files? It dosen't seem to provide near the
> detail I'm looking for.

It's a whole-USA file that Gerry Creager creates, and I think it has
the complete resolution of the smaller ones you're talking about.

> ftp://ftp.kc7zru.net/xastir/maps/Srb_geos.zip for the whole collection of
> srb_xxx.geo files I'm trying to use here.
>
> Results for using 'display' on what map file types I've got:
>
> $ display usancen.map
> display: Must specify image size (usancen.map).

Ok.  For that one you need to go in and add an IMAGESIZE tag to
the .geo file.  It's something that Xastir has required for some
time now.

> $ display srb_yux.geo
> display: No decode delegate for this image format (srb_yux.geo).

That means that ImageMagick has no idea what it is.  You need
instead to snag the .jpg or .gif that is specified in the file and
try "display" on that file.

> Using the URL in the geo files, snagged one of the radar GIF files. Saved it
> locally and then used 'display latest.gif' to view it. Looks fine.

Great.

> Here's my summary.log file contents and yes, tigermap.geo works great:
>   Festival ShapeLib ImageMagick libProj GeoTiff GDAL/OGR PCRE

> Same permissions as other map files that get listed in chooser.

Permissions look great.

> Do these srb_xxx.geo files need to be in the ~/xastir/maps/Online directory?

Nope.  Try the IMAGESIZE tag and you should be good.