[Xastir] Shapelib support.

KK6RW kk6rw at kk6rw.us
Wed May 12 11:38:57 EDT 2004

After sending Curt my version of the edited "Makefile" and other
information, he determined I had managed to insert line breaks in 2 places
where the text mods were done. Once I got rid of the line breaks, the
Shapelib install went off without a hitch.

Interestingly, I used Nano for the text changes in the "normal" window mode
on my machine running windows Cygwin. While making the changes I cursored to
the specific places needing modification, that action introduced the line
breaks. I subsequentually tried the mods with a fill screen nano window open
and had no problems. Something new learned and I believe Curt has appended
the README.win32 file to bring attention to this "problem".

Thanks to all for your help! Now hopefully on to better maps and such! I'm
liking Xastir more and more!
'
Randy
KK6RW
firenet6.dyndns.org Servers
2023, 14570, 10152, 14580

Can you send me the Makefile you have as an attachment, perhaps as a
zip file?  Don't send it to the list.

Also tell me what version of Shapelib you're trying to install, what
OS you're installing it on, and give me more of the text leading up
to the error.

You can type this:

    (make lib 2>&1) | tee make.log

and then just send me "make.log".