[Xastir] SDTS file errors, part 2

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed May 12 16:05:22 EDT 2004

On Wed, 12 May 2004, Jason Winningham wrote:

> I downloaded SDTS data from USGS (1:24k DLG).  I extracted the files
> (.DDF) from the hypsography directory's tar file and the files from
> 00MASTERDD_100K.SDTS.tar.gz and dumped them all in the same directory
> in /usr/local/share/xastir/maps.  When xastir indexes these maps, I get
> the following:

What you'll need to do:  Create subdirectories for the different
types of SDTS maps.  Create one for 24k, one for 100k, one for 250k.
Put the proper types into each one.  Explode the MASTER files for
each type into the proper subdirectories.  Re-index your maps.

I found that the various MASTER files have some of the same
filenames, so you can't just put all into the same directory.

Xastir will happily handle any sort of directory structure under the
maps directory, so feel free to organize your maps in ways that make
the most sense to you.  Create subdirectories at will.