[Xastir] Icon Selection: Something I've noticed....

KC7ZRU kc7zru at arrl.net
Thu May 13 22:01:31 EDT 2004

Curt Mills wrote:
> On Thu, 13 May 2004, Kurt A. Freiberger wrote:
>
> See the Xastir FAQ.  It talks about the LANG variable.

Kurt, do you start xastir from a terminal window? If not - you probobly
should. You'll likley see a whole buncha lines about "character not in
the set - symbol ignored" or something like that. I get a lot of those -
usually \40 and the like.

They're DIRECTLY a result of Fedora's attempt to push the bleeding edge
on fonts. Using the LANG variable and a different font should take care
of not only the pick box deal, but all those error notes too.