[Xastir] OnStar gps info

N1OFZ n1ofz at arrl.net
Fri May 14 07:47:24 EDT 2004

Lots of sites out there:

http://www.openminds.net/onstar - this is very detailed step by step
for hacking an Avalanche.

You also might be interested in some more info about the Motorola
Oncore gps boards used in the OnStar system.  Take a look at
http://www.tapr.org/tapr/html/gpsf.html  and http://psn.quake.net/gps

There are a bunch more sites but I don't have them at my fingertips.
There was a big discussion with lots of references on Slashdot a while
back.  It is worth a read.  There is one site out there that was very
good, and not only gave you detail on the gps side but also the built
in cell phone side of the OnStar unit.

Dana