[Xastir] Re: [Xastir-dev] Partial ImageMagick 6.0 success (long)

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat May 15 11:01:34 EDT 2004

On Fri, 14 May 2004, David Flood wrote:

> With a couple of edits, I managed to get rpmbuild (SuSe 9.0) to build the
> .spec file in the tar.gz.
>
> I had to take out the reference to bzip2-devel and change the references to
> freetype to freetype2.  I also could have changed the .tar.bz2 definition to
> tar.gz but I actually gunziped the file then bzip2'ed it for the same
> result.

Perhaps you needed to install the bzip2-devel package instead?

Can you send me your updated spec file?  I can check them myself
(running SuSE 9.0 on some systems), and get the changes back into
Xastir CVS.

> So, if you can get to an ImageMagick 5 machine, you can build an Xastir that
> will then run on a ImageMagick 6.0.0 machine but you still can't build it on
> a 6.0.0 machine.

It's still in flux though (isn't it always), so we might see a
working version of IM again soon.

> /home/davidf/src/xastir/src/main.c:25696: undefined reference to `InitializeMagick'
> /home/davidf/src/xastir/src/map_geo.c:975: undefined reference to `GetExceptionInfo'
> map_geo.o(.text+0x16bb):/home/davidf/src/xastir/src/map_geo.c:976: undefined reference to `CloneImageInfo'
> map_geo.o(.text+0x171e):/home/davidf/src/xastir/src/map_geo.c:995: undefined reference to `PingImage'
> map_geo.o(.text+0x1759):/home/davidf/src/xastir/src/map_geo.c:1012: undefined reference to `DestroyImage'

Looks to me like Xastir doesn't know where to find the .h files, as
pretty much every IM call we make is not found by the compiler.  Did
you install the imagemagick-devel package?  If so, I wonder if they
broke that severely, or installed it in a new location that we don't
know about.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer