[Xastir] Newbie question (again)

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat May 22 11:28:43 EDT 2004

On Sat, 22 May 2004, Randy Whitney wrote:

> I've been on before seeking help when installing Xastir under Cygwin. I'm now
> trying to install Xastir under SuSE 9.0 and have hit a wall - hoping someone
> can help.

SuSE 9.0 eh?  Now I can really help you.  ;-)

> checking for Xm/Xm.h... no
> configure: error: *** Cannot find Motif include files:  Please install one of
> Motif/OpenMotif/Lesstif development packages. ***

It's telling you to install openmotif and openmotif-devel packages.

You probably just installed openmotif.

> I run YaST and it does show OpenMotif is already installed. I cannot find an
> instance of Lesstif using YaST.

You don't want lesstif anyway.  OpenMotif works better.

> I also notice it says Xastir V. 1.3.1 yet I did a cvs update which I thought
> would get me to the latest release.

It should.  I'll check into that.  I might have messed something up.

Looks like configure.ac is correct.  You need to make sure you have
autoconf and automake installed, then run "./bootstrap.sh" in order
to remake your "configure" script.  After that and a normal
configure/make/make install run, it should be telling you the
correct version.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer