[Xastir] help with xastir

Michael Mullikin w8ehh at cfl.rr.com
Sat May 22 17:49:29 EDT 2004

Hi all

I have just attempted to install xastir on a dual boot  dos/win 2000 amd
1.0 gig machine.  The programs seems to run fine.  It will receive stations
and plot them on the screen it will also transmit my beacons.  Success I
thought but I am unable to get maps to show up on the screen.

I downloaded the FL maps from xastir.tamu.edu.  I have shape installed i
think I placed just the Orange county maps in the
usr/local/share/xastir/florida/orange/.  But I seem not to be able to
access them.  In fact I have not been able to get any map to show on screen.

I certainly would appreciate any and all suggestions on how to solve this
problem.

Thank You

Mike W8EHH