[Xastir] weather setup

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun May 30 18:09:27 EDT 2004

On Sun, 30 May 2004, James Jolin wrote:

> The setup for the usb/serial adapter was almost too easy.  Tnx. Now, I
> need to know how to get a Davis VP weather station with the datalogger
> setup.  The datalogger is on com 1 at 19200.  Does xastir look for this
> or do I need another program?

We don't support Davis directly yet.  The code has yet to be
written.  We only support Davis via a separate application that puts
Davis data into a MySQL database, then Xastir queries the database
for the data.  At least I think that's how it works.

See the xastir/src/Davis directory for instructions on how to do
that.  I don't think very many people are running that yet, perhaps
2 to 4.

If you'd like to help out by collecting the docs for Davis protocol
and then perhaps sending patches that add Davis protocol decoding
into Xastir directly, I'd be more than happy to help.  I think just
collecting the links to the docs would help, if you can convince one
of the twelve developers (or advanced users that like to code) to
implement support.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer