[Xastir] Whishes

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Nov 8 13:48:25 EST 2004

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Massimo Corinaldesi wrote:

> I want to ask the developpers of Xastir for adding a feature (I
> think) useful: the possibility to send a steady train, via a
> on/off command, of characters (es: "...this is a test transmission
> from I0MCF, this is....") in order to adjust the input level of
> the radio transmitter or control the emission on a monitor scope.

My first thoughts on this are that there should be methods in place
to do similar things without using Xastir.  If you're using AX.25
networking you can do it via the "beacon" command from a script to
repeat it.  If you're using serial TNC interfaces you can do it
using Seyon or Minicom or the like.