[Xastir] Whishes

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Mon Nov 8 23:31:58 EST 2004

That was my first thought, too.  Then I noticed that the question was
specifically about an ax.25 interface, not a serial TNC.

  That said, it's not in the 'unix style' to add such features to an
application program.  High-level application programs are not supposed to
be swiss army knives that are attempt to perform every function under the
sun, albeit poorly. The 'unix style' is more towards smaller, modular
programs that perform more specific functions.  It would be more
appropriate to have a separate standalone test/calibrate program to open
the interface and send solid tones or arbitrary text.  That would be
usable by all ax25 users, not just those that are interested in aprs.
--
Rick Green

                                  -Benjamin Franklin