[Xastir] Xastir up and running!

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Nov 10 11:18:41 EST 2004

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, William McKeehan wrote:

> I start xastir on Cygwin via a shortcut to a bat file that I have placed in
> the cygwin tree:
>
> C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\startxastir.bat
>
> The bat file is a modified version of startxwin.bat.
>
> I copied the startxwin.bat and replaced the line:
> run xterm -sl 1000 -sb -rightbar -ms red -fg yellow -bg black -e /usr/bin/bash
>  -l
>
> With this:
>  run /usr/local/bin/xastir

That sounds relatively painless.  Making sure I have this straight:

    Cygwin shortcut in the Startup Folder

    C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\startxastir.bat starts up X-windows and
    Xastir with your modification.  Right?

In this case you don't end up with any BASH shell, right?

I'm thinking that a good modification to that would be to leave the
original xterm line in there but add another that starts up a second
xterm with a flag to it that invokes Xastir so that you can see any
messages that Xastir puts out to STDERR in that xterm:

run xterm -sl 1000 -sb -rightbar -ms red -fg yellow -bg black -e /usr/local/bin/xastir

Thanks for the info!  Hopefully that'll get Randy going.