[Xastir] Xastir up and running!

KK6RW kk6rw at kk6rw.com
Thu Nov 11 00:31:43 EST 2004

William and Curt,

Thank you guys. The edited startwin.bat file you suggested William worked
great and then adding the extra modification you suggested Curt gave me an
additional bash window available for any error reports.

I can start it now with standard Windows operating methods automagically!

I think this deserves a place in the readme.win32 file!

Thanks again!

Randy, KK6RW

Curt wrote:
On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, William McKeehan wrote:

> I start xastir on Cygwin via a shortcut to a bat file that I have placed
> in
> the cygwin tree:
>
> C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\startxastir.bat
>
> The bat file is a modified version of startxwin.bat.
>
> I copied the startxwin.bat and replaced the line:
> run xterm -sl 1000 -sb -rightbar -ms red -fg yellow -bg black -e
> /usr/bin/bash
>  -l
>
> With this:
>  run /usr/local/bin/xastir

That sounds relatively painless.  Making sure I have this straight:

    Cygwin shortcut in the Startup Folder

    C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\startxastir.bat starts up X-windows and
    Xastir with your modification.  Right?

In this case you don't end up with any BASH shell, right?

I'm thinking that a good modification to that would be to leave the
original xterm line in there but add another that starts up a second
xterm with a flag to it that invokes Xastir so that you can see any
messages that Xastir puts out to STDERR in that xterm:

run xterm -sl 1000 -sb -rightbar -ms red -fg yellow -bg black -e
/usr/local/bin/xastir

Thanks for the info!  Hopefully that'll get Randy going.