[Xastir] CVS Install

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Fri Nov 12 11:09:01 EST 2004

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Eric Gildersleeve wrote:
>
> > I have Xastir up and running. Now if I can figure out how to start recieving
> > datat through the inet that would be great. Anways time to open the manual I
> > suppose.
>
> Create an internet interface, use "firenet.us" and "2023" for the
> server and port.  You'll get more data than you've ever seen before.

 I remember this being a dead end for me as well when I was getting
started.  Thanks to a generous elmer, I was pointed to a web site which
listed servers and supported ports, then later to another site which
described the filter syntax.  I think it would be a great service to the
newbies if those websites or their equivalent were linked to from a 'help'
button on the 'add internet interface' dialog panel.

List of servers:     http://www.aprs-is.net/APRSServers.htm
Filter port syntax:  http://www.aprs-is.net/javaprssrvr/javaprsfilter.htm

...or maybe this message be appended to the FAQ?

--
Rick Green

                                  -Benjamin Franklin