[Xastir] Email FLOOD!

Chris frisco at ar15.com
Fri Nov 12 15:56:00 EST 2004

Digest Mode

From: "Curt, WE7U" <archer at eskimo.com>
Date:  Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:54:47 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 BDonnell at ar-northwest.com wrote:

> With the FLOOD of email this morning, is it time for a publicly
> announced instant messaging focal point?

Problems with instant-messaging:

*) Everybody seems to use a different service.  Some of us use
Jabber which insulates us from that a bit, but it's still a problem.
I still have good friends that I can't communicate with that way.

*) There's no record of the QSO, or at least not a
publically-searchable one or a copy of it I can search through in my
mailbox for older data.  Lots of useful tidbits fly by and are
forgotten.

I'd much rather do e-mail for Xastir-related things.