[Xastir] Xastir on FC3

Josh Keller jeepin95 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 12 18:25:55 EST 2004

Our SAR group just got 2 new P4 laptops so I set out to install Xastir on
them for mapping/tracking purposes. Seeing how Fedora Core 3 was just
recently released I decided to try that..it works great on the laptop, but
Xastir does not however. The problem I'm having is that the only menu I can
get to show up is the right click menu, and nothing on that works. I can't
zoom, I can't get the other menus to come up, basically all I get is the
initial display and the ability to look at the right click mouse menu.

I've downloaded all the latest and greatest libraries to go along with it. I
don't get any errors while installing any of them, nor do I get errors when
compiling xastir (at least none I've found). Has anyone else tried it on
FC3? Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions? I can always find
my DVD of FC2 and install that, I know the CVS is working on my personal
laptop with FC2.

Thanks,

Josh