[Xastir] Cygwin Xastir help needed

KK6RW kk6rw at kk6rw.com
Sat Nov 13 07:31:48 EST 2004

Hello all,

I've tried to install shapelib support for Xastir under Cygwin. I seem to
have installed it properly but now I am getting errors during the 'make" and
'make install' process. There are many error that I cannot type them all
here but I was hoping to get some help in learning how to dump out a test
listing to a file as it displays in the BASH shell. I've looked through the
BASH help but cannot find any mention of this function. Could someone offer
assistance?

It seems my problems are with a database as one of the first error lines
says:
map_cache.c:37:16: db.h No such file or directory

A number of error statements follow this line expressing terms such as
map-cache.c:57: error: 'DB' undeclared
etc.

I've been strictly a Windows user so please excuse my ignorance :-)

Thanks,

Randy Whitney, KK6RW
http://northwest.aprs2.net
kk6rw at kk6rw.com