[Xastir] Re: Multi-windowed Xastir Sessions

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Nov 15 11:26:29 EST 2004

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004, Jason Winningham wrote:

> >   and which one
> > gets to TX a position?
>
> Only one needs to transmit a position; since they're on the same
> computer they can't be all that far apart. (:
>
> I don't see how it would be useful trying to run as if you have
> multiple APRS stations on the same computer with a single TNC, but if
> you needed to couldn't you let the primary xastir with control of the
> hardware do Inet to RF gating for the secondary xastirs?

Only for messaging, and only if those messages went up to the
internet and then came back down, then they'd be igated to RF.
Positions wouldn't get gated in any case.

> Multiple map views is the only useful purpose I can think of for
> multiple xastirs on the same computer, but I'm sure there are more.

Testing for me is big use of running multiple Xastirs.

EOC's or SAR bases, can connect lots of them together this way to
one radio/internet setup so that all get the same tactical picture.