[Xastir] Cygwin and ImageMagick ?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Nov 16 17:45:50 EST 2004

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, William McKeehan wrote:

> Has something changed with ImageMagick and Cygwin recently?
>
> The last time I built Xastir under Cygwin (not sure when, but it was version
> 1.4.2), I had the ImageMagick stuff and it worked just fine. Today, I did a
> CVS update and configure can no longer find ImageMagick.
>
> Just wondering if there was something obvious that I should check before I go
> back and try to figure out what I have broken.
>
> Thanks for any information!

Try editing configure.ac to reverse the order of these two checks so
that the end result looks like this:

# Check for Berkeley DB.
XASTIR_BERKELEY_DB_CHK

# Check for ImageMagick.  This check is VERY important to have as
# the last check, as it messes up the previous checks if it fails.
use_imagemagick=yes
AC_ARG_WITH(imagemagick,[  --without-imagemagick       Disable imagemagick features.],use_imagemagick=$withval)
if test "${use_imagemagick}" = "yes"; then
  XASTIR_CHECK_IMAGEMAGICK
fi

Then run ./bootstrap.sh;./configure and see if it's found.  If that
doesn't work, try commmenting out the XASTIR_BERKELEY_DB_CHK portion
and try again.  That's the new piece that was added recently, and
may be the culprit.