[Xastir] Server Port Authentication?

Josh Keller jeepin95 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 18 14:33:10 EST 2004

Thank you everyone for the responses, that got it working for me.

Initially I'm just trying to get 3 different laptops connected for SAR. The
idea was that we could have one for comms, one for planning, and one for
possibly logistics. The one in comms would be hooked to a TNC and getting
updates from teams in the field. The other 2 could be linked via 802.11b and
get their updates from the comms system.

The reason for authentication was so that planning and whoever else had the
3rd system could add objects for the others to see. TX will be disabled on
the comms unit so we would not have to worry about who uses it.

The other reason is that I am slowly working on a radio logging setup and
would like to be able to have that automatically inject the coordinates into
Xastir as they are logged so there is no need to type them twice or write
them on scratch paper then enter them into the computer.

On a somewhat related note, is adding a feature that flushes the
items/objects to the server port right away possible, maybe have a "grab
history on connect" checkbox for the internet server? That way if planning
were to connect later in the day they could grab the whole map instead of
waiting for the updates? Or would it be better to just move the updates down
to every couple of minutes since it's all going over the network not RF?