[Xastir] XASTIR not picking up maps

Josh Keller jeepin95 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 19 21:23:15 EST 2004

I have had a similar problem this last week on all 3 laptops I've setup. As
I mentioned before I was having problems with FC3 and Xastir not running
properly...I went back to FC2 and had the same problem. I wasn't seeing any
errors during any of the compiles, all of the libraries were installed, and
the configure script located everything. I don't remember how, but I somehow
figured out that it wasn't seeing any of my geotiff maps (which all worked
on other installs) and noticed that tif wasn't listed when xastir started.

Some of the libraries in the INSTALL file list version numbers, and I had
used newer releases....going back to what is listed in INSTALL seemed to fix
everything.

Not sure if that will help, but it may.

Josh