[Xastir] Converting Online/CanadaTopo250k to offline

James Ewen jewen at shaw.ca
Sun Nov 21 12:47:01 EST 2004

I figure I've been pestering Curt in private email enough already...

I am attempting to get Xastir to use the CanadaTopo250k and CanadaTopo50k
images and .geo files directly from my hard drive rather than downloading
them each time.

Curt gave me a script that downloaded all of the 250k files for Canada
(5GB!), and created .geo files for them. I modified the 50k script to only
create .geo files for the images that I already had downloaded. I've also
created symbolic links to the directories that contain the appropriate
files, rather than duplicate the data in multiple places on the hard drive.

Now, on to my question.

When I select Online/CanadaTopo250k, Xastir grabs the appropriate tiles
needed to fill the current map display. When using the files that reside on
my hard drive, it appears that I have to select all of the appropriate files
individually.

Is there a way to make an entry in the map chooser dialog box that is
similar to the Online/CanadaTopo250k, but points to the files on the hard
drive? Something like Local/CanadaTopo250k.

James
VE6SRV