[Xastir] Online tigermaps display

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Nov 21 14:11:33 EST 2004

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004, KK6RW wrote:

>     After a catrostophic hard drive failure, I have Xastir / Cygwin reloaded
> and running but cannot get the online tigermaps to display less than range
> scale 1600km.

Tigermaps take longer and longer as you zoom out.  You also get into
more and more map distortion as you zoom out as I recall, due to
their weird map projection.

Under Maps->Configure->Tigermap you have a timeout setting.  Set
that to the max.

If you have map caching enabled (latest Xastir) and keep to the same
map center, you can zoom in/out and it'll used the cached maps
instead of downloading from the 'net each time.  Much faster.  Use
the PageUp/PageDown keys soas not to mess up your map center, else
it'll pull in new maps.

I usually set a map bookmark at the center I'm interested in, then
if I mess up the map center I can get back to it.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer