[Xastir] Terraserver Images

Jason Hitesman jradio at hitesman.com
Sat Oct 2 15:32:25 EDT 2004

Curt Mills wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Jason Hitesman wrote:
>
> We just use a URL to snag them, so we create the URL out of what we
> know of your current view in Xastir, request that image, then
> georeference it and display it to you.  We do that a couple of
> different ways for the topo and satellite images from there.  If you
> have an example URL for snagging a color image we could look into
> adding them to our repertoire for Xastir.

Just the URL from the browser I assume?

Here's some sample URLS's from terraserver based on my zip:

Newest Color image (Digital Globe):
http://terraserver.com/imagery/image_gx.asp?cpx=-114.6488&cpy=32.7025&res=8&provider_id=320

USGS B&W (currently used by Xastir):
http://terraserver.com/imagery/image_usgs.asp?cpx=-114.6488&cpy=32.7025&usgs_res=13&provider_id=200

Infrared (pixxures):
http://terraserver.com/imagery/image_pixx.asp?ulx=-114.670188988508&uly=32.7204985601152&lrx=-114.627411011491&lry=32.6845014398848&provider_id=402&ver=1

B&W (pixxures):
http://terraserver.com/imagery/image_pixx.asp?ulx=-114.670188988508&uly=32.7204985601152&lrx=-114.627411011491&lry=32.6845014398848&provider_id=401&ver=1

Looks like changing to the Color sould just require a different
provider_id code and using 'res' instead of 'usgs_res'.

But I'm off to test APRS coverage in the Imperial Sand dunes today and
tonight :D  Now sure if the hole in my cable companies firewall will
stay open or not but here's a link to my Xastir screen:

http://jhitesma.homeunix.com:1313/snapshot.jpg

Last time I tried running APRS in the sand nothing picked me up (even
though the BLACK digi should have great coverage) but that was just with
a rubber duck on my tracker.  Today I'm running a 5/8 larsen whip and
preliminary testing has shown a MAJOR improvement so hopefully you'll
get to see us out there playing in the sand :D

----
Jason Hitesman
N8INJ