[Xastir] Re: Static UI-View maps in Xastir?

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Oct 3 12:55:52 EDT 2004

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004, hasan schiers wrote:

> I have created a series of static maps from Precision Mapping to use in
> UI-View32. Each map consists of  a *.jpg and corresponding *.inf file.
>
> How do I use a map created in this manner in Xastir? I tried copying both
> files to the Xastir map directory, and re-indexed all maps, but they don't
> show up on the Choose Map menu.
>
> Obviously, I'm missing a step or two <g> (or I completely hallucinated the
> compatibility thing)

You run inf2geo.pl against them.  Can't recall whether you can
specify multiple files on the command line, but you might be able
to.

Try "inf2geo.pl *.inf" to see if it works.  It's a Perl script so
you must have Perl installed.  It should be in your xastir/scripts
directory and should have been installed in /usr/local/lib/xastir as
well.

Oh yea, it depends on at least one ImageMagick tool to do it's job,
so you need that installed as well.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer