[Xastir] Re: ESRI shapefile troubles

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Oct 7 18:28:51 EDT 2004

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 russo at bogodyn.org wrote:

> It's not clear to me how to bundle up per-file dbfawks in a way that
> cvs users can get hold of them easily, but have to install in their
> own shapefile directories.

We could install them in a subdirectory under config, with notes in
the docs that tell people where to look for them.  I'm assuming that
the dbfawk code wouldn't look for them in subdirectories.

That way we could have a per-file repository, with perhaps note
files along with them, or a single index.txt file that tells what
they're for.

Main thing is, they wouldn't get forgotten and we'd have them for
posterity.