[Xastir] ImageMagick Compiled?

Bill Bird billbird at cal.berkeley.edu
Fri Oct 8 03:32:20 EDT 2004

Michael J. Wolthuis wrote:
> I recently installed the latest Debian package of Xastir and lost my Tiger
> Maps.  I assume this is because that standard package does not come with
> ImageMagick compiled in, is that correct?  How can I prove that and if it is
> true should I download the latest source manually and compile to get Tiger
> Maps back?  I did read the help documentation, but being I pulled a package
> it makes things a little difficult to know what is pre-compiled.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Mike
>
> Kb8zgl

Mike,

When running xastir take a look at help - about, and the window should list the
libraries used.  I've got the ImageMagick but also have ShapeLib listed.  I'm
running Knoppix/Debian and compiled xastir several times until I had all the
libraries I needed.  Check the doc files that come with the xastir source to
help determine what you need.  I think you'll want ShapeLib.

The xastir V1.4.0 is very nice!!

73,

Bill Bird
Chesterfield, MO