[Xastir] RE: Canadian topo maps

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Oct 11 13:05:52 EDT 2004

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, James Ewen wrote:

> I have a subset of the 250K and 50K files on my laptop.
>
> I haven't used them with Xastir, but rather grabbed them for use with Radio
> Mobile.

Take the new toporama scripts, copy them to new filenames, comment
out the fetch commands, then use the scripts to create the .geo
files.  After that you can reindex them in Xastir and use them.

Be aware that the scripts expect this file structure for the
download, but you can tweak the scripts to look somewhere else:

    maps/toporama/images/b50k/
    maps/toporama/images/b250k/

That way you can easily use the maps you've already downloaded in
Xastir.