[Xastir] Fwd: Maps won't display?

Tim Schall ka7pbi at fortgirlfriend.com
Mon Oct 25 01:05:12 EDT 2004

Well all the libraries that have been mentioned thus far are there.  I've got
it reading shape file maps new without any trouble.  The only ones that seem
to give me fits are the downloaded "online" ones.  Xastir downloads a file
from the census.gov servers but doesn't display it.  Firing up 'gimp' and
point it at '~/.xastir/tmp/map.gif' displays what should have been on my
screen.  So Xastir downloads a usable map.  It just doesn't display it.
Unless I'm missing the boat entirely here.....