[Xastir] 'Owning' station ID?

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Wed Oct 27 10:39:18 EDT 2004

Every amateor radio transmission is supposed to be identified by callsign,
but I see on my xastir display many 'objects' with names that do not fit
the pattern for normal amateur callsigns.  Examples are:  WX stations with
calls like CWnnnn, DTX_OUTLK, BC_TRAF, etc.  Selecting 'station info'
gives me no indication of an amateur callsign, or for that matter, any
other means of contacting the owner.  What is going on here?  Is the APRS
community tolerating illegal activity?

--
Rick Green

                                  -Benjamin Franklin