[Xastir] 'Owning' station ID?

J. Lance Cotton josecanuc at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 11:33:24 EDT 2004

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:28:01 -0400 (EDT), Rick Green <rtg at aapsc.com> wrote:
> ... If
> I were to put up an antenna and an RF port, might I be on shaky ground wrt
> third-party traffic if I enable inet->rf gating?

Nah... If you enable inet->rf gating, the only thing that gets gated
are APRS "messages" addressed to an RF station which xastir has heard
locally (for some definition of local) recently (for some definition
of recent), and NWS messages of classes specifically enumerated in
your nws-stations.txt file in your own xastir data directory
(~/.xastir/data/nws-stations.txt)

--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
joe at lightnigflash.net
http://kj5o.lightningflash.net
Three Step Plan: 1. Take over the world. 2. Get a lot of cookies. 3.
Eat the cookies.