[Xastir] SuSE 9.1 compile errors

Bob Nielsen nielsen at oz.net
Wed Oct 27 20:37:07 EDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 12:14:14AM +0000, kg4qge at comcast.net wrote:
> I get the following error:
> *** No X11!  Install X-Windows development headers/libraries! ***
>
> but I have x11 in /usr/x11R6  I think .
>
> Any suggestions?

As the error message says, you need to install the X11 Development
headers.  I don't know what Suse calls it, but in Debian it's called
xlibs-dev (which has been broken up into several libraries, which get
installed by the pseudo-package xlibs-dev in the testing--hopefully
soon-to-be-released--version.

> Is their a Linux Distro that works with xastir without any errors
> while compileing?

Most will, once you get the necessary libs installed, although frequent
changes in ImageMagick will sometimes cause a hiccup.  I have a
preference for Debian, but there are many Suse users of Xastir.  These
two probably support more ham radio applications than most others, since
there are a lot of hams involved in creating the distros.

73, Bob N7XY