[Xastir] cvs -r STABLE, installed but won't run

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Oct 28 18:05:35 EDT 2004

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Tom Russo wrote:

> Xastir no longer installs files in /usr/local/xastir, things go in
> /usr/local/share/xastir now.  You must have some relic of an old install
> (install from over a year ago?) in ~/.xastir/config that's telling xastir to
> look there for its bitmaps.
>
> There's a script to fix your config file.  Look in the UPGRADE file for
> instructions.

I should have caught that.

Another way to fix it is to blow away or rename your config file,
then start up Xastir.  It'll recreate defaults and the paths will
work for you.

The scripts would be better though as they will get rid of/move the
old stuff to the new heirarchy.  One of the scripts is run as root,
the other as each user that needs his/her config files updated.