[Xastir] Cannot load map

IZ4EFN Alessio iz4efn at libero.it
Thu Sep 2 13:33:53 EDT 2004

Curt, WE7U wrote:

>On Thu, 2 Sep 2004, IZ4EFN Alessio wrote:
>

>>works fine, I can see the image just fine.
>>
>>I have it running as you said now, but the problem did not solved.
>>
>>Can you send me one of your map, gif+geo, to localize better the
>>problem? Maybe my poor map is never gonna work due to other matters.
>>

>Just to check ImageMagick first, if you compiled with either "wget"
>or "libcul" installed, you should be able to try some of the online
>maps, zoomed in close to the U.S. or Canada, to see if ImageMagick
>is working for you at all.
>
>Try zooming in to the U.S., zoom 64 or so, and enable terraserver or
>toposerver.  Let me know if that works.
>
>I have a smallish map to send you as well.  Will send that direct.
>
>--
>Curt, WE7U			         http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
>"Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown
>"Windows:  Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates." -- WE7U
>"The world DOES revolve around me:  I picked the coordinate system!"

it finally worked.

I'm now able to see maps and stations!

I believe that the main.c modifications were useful.

Both yours and mine map are OK.

Let me know if the developers need a tester or something, I will be
happy to be useful.

Thanks Curt, APRS under linux was one of the last step I had to take to
move as more as possible from Windows!

Thanks again, Alessio.