[Xastir] Off Topic help?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Sep 7 11:20:33 EDT 2004

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Tyler Allison wrote:

> I bring up minicom and nothing shows on the line. 9600 8n1 is supposedly
> the setting.

That's what I would do to debug things, Minicom.

If you're using COM1 on Windows, that's /dev/ttyS0 on Linux.  COM2
is /dev/ttyS1 on Linux, and so on.  Verify that.

> I suspect something has changed in the 'default' serial port setup or I
> forgot I did something 2 years ago to get it to work. I dont recall doing
> anything special or low level but maybe the new kernels need that now?

It could be handshakes that are causing the weather station to hold
off.  Mess with Minicom turning hardware/software handshaking on to
see what works, then mess with the stty command to set up the port
for Xastir similarly.