[Xastir] Re: xastir and cpu

ke4lkq ke4lkq at doramefa.us
Wed Sep 8 11:12:27 EDT 2004

well I thought so too, but why does an xastir executable compiled from cvs on
8/17/2004 run no more than 20 to 25 % while the latest runs after an uptime
of several hours at 50 % and above?  I have seen as high as 80 % for several
seconds.  same zoom and filter settings... disabling all stations/objects
doesn't appear to change the cpu time at all. it still climbs.

Zoom level 2552 on virginia
1 vector map of whole world, from winaprs
suse 9.0 with open motif for xastir
no gdal compiled
no festival compiled
no gpsman compiled
512 meg ram
600 mz. pentium 2
nividia geforce2 mx/mx 400 with oem nividia drivers
16 bit display depth
1024x768
3D disabled
kernal 2.4.21-99 default suse
Xfce

I am going to try Brian's experiment now.....

Vic