[Xastir] disgruntaled with Xastir

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Sep 8 11:34:02 EDT 2004

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, ke4lkq wrote:

> Why is Xastir using 60 to 80 percent of the cpu time??
> Occured since cvs of last week or so and just got worse day before yesterday.
> Any way to see what processes are being used??  How does one "debug" this in
> linux or see whats going on?

The proper way is to compile with the "-pg" option to enable the
collection of profiling data, then run "gprof" against the output
file to see where Xastir is spending all its time.  It's been a
while since I looked a profilers.  Hopefully they can handle
multi-threaded multi-process applications like Xastir.