[Xastir] Message ACK question

Tom Russo russo at bogoflux.losalamos.nm.us
Wed Sep 8 22:35:04 EDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 12:45:56PM -0700, a Mr. Richard Feyler of Fort Lee, New Jersey <archer at eskimo.com> writes 'Dear Rosanne Rosannadanna':
> On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Andreas Junge -TecThermo wrote:
>
> > I built my own TNC out of a PIC chip, a MX614 and a 20x4 LCD. I can see the
> > ACKs being sent back on the air to XASTIR, but I never see the color change.
>
> Log from TNC, look at the logs, and see if the ACK is in the proper
> format per the APRS spec.
>
> Anyone else having trouble with messaging on a TNC interface?

Tried doing a message from my truck to the house on the way home, xastir
(built yesterday) using a serial TNC (not KISS) acked it just fine.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
(1) Ignorance of your profession is best concealed by solemnity and silence,
which pass for profound knowledge upon the generality of mankind.
                -------"Advice to Officers of the British Army", 1783