[Xastir] weather station info......

acierno at pocketdvm.com acierno at pocketdvm.com
Thu Sep 9 08:40:22 EDT 2004

While we are on the subject of weather stations and Xastir -

My Oregon Scientific WM-918 is on its last legs and I think the rain
gauge has just died. I was looking at the list of supported weather
stations (which is quite extensive!) and I was wondering if anyone had
a recommendation. For price - you cannot beat the WMR-918 wireless
station - but it seem that it only works on a networked system using
Wx200 software..... I am not familiar with that software. can I run it
on the same box as Xastir  and feed the data directly to it? (Yes, I'm
new to this). Another alternative is the davis 6150 vantage pro. the
vantage pro is listed under supported stations but there are several
models (wired and wireless) are they all compatible?

thanx for your time and assistance

mark